Enterprise Mobile App Trends To Be Followed
Mobile applications are vital in an enterprise, but there are always something or the new coming through to transform the apps. As and when new applications are introduced to the enterprise, they eventually get integrated with the mobile apps too. Employees have higher expectations about the work apps they access. Get to know the enterprise mobile app trends that are widely used in recent time.
- Wearable Devices – Wearable devices are now not only a simple personal accessory. Majority of organizations use wearable devices to allow its employees for accessing enterprise data and apps. Enterprise app developers need to be aware about employees who want to access apps by using those wearable devices.
- Real-Time Data Sharing – Employees eventually demand that their apps are self-sufficient in providing them with real-time data. Such kind of real-time data can be of incredible use as they play a vital role throughout an enterprise. Developers must ensure that there are compatibility between real-time and common employee apps. Also, push notifications need to be leveraged to maintain top-notch communication.
- Augmented Reality / Virtual Reality – Applications like augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) are becoming a necessity in the enterprise. Organizations are using these technologies for every purpose, from training the workers to data visualization. More and more technology are adopted, employees will expect more enterprise apps to incorporate it.
- Cloud Technology – There is a trend where we see that apps are getting more and more cloud based just like the enterprises getting migrated to the cloud. This development of powerful apps on the cloud is reducing hosting expenses and decreasing the time to load for the apps. The cloud service also enhances app security, which is a real big concern in the enterprise.
- Cross-Platform Tools – Mobile apps sometimes get neglected as many developers are so occupied with their work for traditional app development. An incredible learning curve is created for development on different native platforms. Enterprises are now leveraging cross-platform tools that allow teams to create apps by harnessing the existing skills that can be used across different platforms.
- Blockchain – Enterprises use blockchain to decentralize data, enhance security and add more transparency. On mobile apps, this technology can be used for payment processing, smart contracts and to track every step on a supply chain. In future, blockchain can be leveraged to improve app authentication, and improve the real-time feature of the apps.
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning – Artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning are embraced by the enterprises. These technologies are being harnessed for mobile apps. By embedding this technology in the apps, a more personalized experience can be provided to the users and can help with instant data analysis. Chatbots and language converters are few AIs used by the apps.
- IoT Integration – The Internet of Things (IoT) is impacting at the large end on the enterprise, that includes mobile apps. It is common for developers to create IoT-enabled apps suitable for workplace. For example – a manufacturer might provide an IoT-enabled sensor friendly app that determines when parts are going to fail. This then saves both time and expenses and improved workplace safety.